Illinois Area 16 Alateen
Who will Area 16 Recognize as an Alateen Sponsor?
A recognized Alateen Sponsor is a responsible adult member of Al-Anon who attends An-Anon regularly and who shares his or her recovery experience gained through working the 12 Steps, 12 Traditions, and 12 Concepts. He or she helps the Alateens to focus on the Al-Anon program. It is in sharing recovery that we provide hope for the future.
Requirements for Sponsorship
- minimum age of 23
- currently attending Al-Anon meetings
- an active Al-Anon member for at least 2 years
- participating member of an Al-Anon Home Group
- cannot have pending charges of past convictions for any type of crime involving a minor
- require at least one sponsor per meeting but recommend two
SIAFG Alateen Sponsorship Guidelines;
Initial Sponsorship Application (submit to your District Representative then the Area Alateen Process Person at SIAFG21.email@example.com):
Alateen Group Sponsors recertifying can complete and submit the following:
For more information, contact the Alateen Coordinator at SIAFG21.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact the District Representative and/or Area Alateen Coordinator and/or Area Alateen Process Person to let them know of your desire to sponsor a group and complete the necessary forms listed above. In addition you will need to complete the form for starting an Alateen Group and submit to the Alateen Coordinator at SIAFG21.email@example.com
- Alateen Group Registration Form (pdf)
- Provide to the District Representative and/or Area Alateen Coordinator and/or Area Alateen Process Person the names of two Home Group member references who are not related to the candidate. These references should be able to attest to your participation in the program, service experience, reliability, stability and dependability.
- Receive a vote of confidence from your home group and or district to continue with the qualification process.
- Obtain permission to sit in and observe one Alateen meeting.
Note: Groups that are not in compliance with Illinois Area guidelines will not be listed in schedules, answering service, or website.
Last updated 07/2021